Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Challenge card/New release announced!

This is the Father's Day card I made for my hubby - the father of our four kids! I have a challenge going on over at Sundays With Crissy, and this month the theme is tags or tickets.  I made a tag that doubles as a book-mark (if he so wishes to use it that way).  I was really inspired by the layout on one of my DT's posts this month and kind of copied it.  Here's the card that inspired me by Carole.
Here's a pic with the tag pulled out:
I've entered the following challenges: 
Sundays With Crissy: Tags or Tickets
The House That Stamps Built: Head for the Beach
The Sisterhood of Crafters: Going in Circles
Fab n' Funky: Polka Dots (hard to see, but they're there- light gold polka dots on the large blue DP!)

I used my computer and printer to type the message on the tag, except for "You mean the World to me" which is a sentiment from the JustRite "Kindness" set. 
I used my digi image from last month (not a new release) "One Cool Cat" and coloured him with the following Copics:
Umbrella red part: R24, 29, C3, 4
Umbrella white part: C0, 1, 3
Cat: YR21, 23, 24, 27, E99, W5, 4
Sunglasses: E15, 18, 19
Chair: YG25, 97, W4
Water: BG01, 10, 11,  53, blender 0
Sky: B0000, 000, 00, blender 0
Sand: E81, 84, Y28, W5

The die cuts are from an older Cuttlebug tag die set I picked up at Michael's a few years ago. I'm not aware of the name of it.  

Also, there's a brand new rubber/die release over at Whimsy today!  And, there's a new PAPER magazine that is coming out!! I can't wait to get my hands on a copy!  I am putting all the details below for your convenience.  
Welcome to Whimsy Stamps June rubber stamp and die RELEASE DAY!

Today, Whimsy Stamps is releasing 19 wonderful new rubber stamps & stamp sets, 5 fabulous new Shapeology dies and an adorable new Shape EZ file. These new goodies are available to buy right now from the Whimsy Stamps store along with all your Whimsy favorites.

From today until 26 June the Whimsy DT and Special Guests will be showcasing these wonderful new products with a daily mini blog hop. Each mini blog hop has a new release prize hidden somewhere along the way and you will have 24hrs to enter each prize draw by leaving a comment on every blog listed for that day.

At the end of release week (Wednesday 27 June) we will post a Release Round-Up here on the Whimsy blog. This will include a selection of DT work from the new release week together with a complete list of winners from the daily mini blog hops.

To be entered into today's mini blog hop prize draw, be sure to leave a comment on ALL of the DT posts listed below by 12:00PM EST tomorrow:


Before we reveal the June release, we have a very exciting announcement to make: Whimsy Stamps has decided to release the Whimsy Stamps Inspirations Magazine in PRINT! Our first issue is on sale as a pre-order from TODAY! (We anticipate shipping the first run of copies early to mid July). Here is a peek of the cover together with some info about what you will find within...



Whimsy Stamps Inspirations Magazine: Tips & Tutorials, Volume I
For this issue, we have gathered some of our favorite tutorials from previous online publications and packed them into an exciting 86-page bound book. We will guide you through how to color using various mediums (Copics, Tim Holtz® Distress Inks, colored pencils, etc.), how to create unique embellishments for your creations (flowers, trinket pins, stamped charms, etc.) and how to create fancy cards (book cards, criss cross cards, flip cards, etc.) that will be sure to impress the recipient. Grab up this issue and and let your creativity flow!

Available to pre-order NOW from the Whimsy Stamps store!


Finally here is a full reveal of the wonderful June rubber, die and Shape EZ by TLC release and don't forget to visit today's DT and leave a comment on their blog posts to be entered into the draw to win a new release stamp:

4 Crissy Armstrong rubber stamps
Autumn Friends ~ Jumping Fun ~ So Nuts About You ~ Vegan's Rock

 
 


2 Elisabeth Bell rubber stamps
Blossom Berry Sitting Pretty ~ Lemon Pepper's Laundry Day

 


4 Kenny K rubber stamps
Anime Game Kid ~ Capt. Locke ~ Eva Pearl ~ J-Cool

   


3 Meljen's Designs rubber stamps
Baby Stork ~ Cubbin' Around ~ Piggy Bath

  


2 Wee Stamps rubber stamps
Fluffy Hand in There ~ Mountain Lily

 


4 Raindrop Echo Designs rubber stamp sets
Definitions Notables 4 ~ Parisian Romance ~ Take Flight ~ To The Beach

 
 


4 Raindrop Echo Designs Shapeology dies
Beach Bum Die Set ~ Kites Die Set ~ Dainty Notables 4 ~ Eiffel Tower

 
 


TLC Shapeology die
Violet Flowers




Shape EZ by TLC
Tea Cup Flip Card


Thanks for staying with me on this very long post today!! Enjoy your day!!




17 comments:

  1. WOW! You colored that image?! FANTASTIC JOB! That color combo worked perfectly and the papers are fabulous. Love the tag, too. Thanks so much for playing along with The Sisterhood of Crafters' Going in Circles Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Crissy ... your card is FANTASTIC! Love the design and coloring ... just perfect with that tag too! Well done!
    Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood ‘GOING IN CIRCLES’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your cool cat beach scene Crissy! Your coloring/shading/highlights are superb! Mike would be so proud to receive such a beautiful card. (I can see him smiling!) Neat-oh tag/bookmark too! The sentiment is really nice. xx Hugs, Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Chrissy, just wanted to say thank you so much for your lovely comment on my card, you've made my day, and I love the high hopes stamp it's thanks to artists like you that crafters get to work with such amazing images xx
    your card is stunning and I love your colouring hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Chrissy what a fabolous card,your coloring is awesome!
    Hugs Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Chrissy, I love the little tag with it! Very sweet :)

    Thanks for joining us at My Mum's Craft Shop Challenge :)

    Tanya xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness Crissy!!! This has to be the most amazing colouring I have EVER seen!!!!! Wow!!!! The whole image is stunning but I am in awe at your sea!!!!!!!!! it is totally astounding! hugs, Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow this is fantastic i always wondered how i could do a book mark with out it 'just been a boomark' lol and this is my answer. thanks for joining us at daisy doodles and good luck emma xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely Amazing. I love this card. That image is the best...
    Your coloring is Awesome. I truely think this is a winner....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a fun image and cute card! Thanks for playing the DTC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is stunning Crissy - I just love this Digi - I won a challenge with this image in April (my sons birthday card so I remember the date well lol) but I have to say yours is something else! - I'm a big fan of your Digi's- Thanks for playing along at Fab'n'Funky challenges this week hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely love the tag element on this card, Crissy. What a fantastic card for your hubby - so happy you entered it in our DCC at The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOWWWWWWWWW!!! LOVE this!!! This is the best one so far!! Your colouring is astounding!! Great shading, shadows, and reflections! The water looks amazing!! Love the colour combo too!! I love this so much I made it the wallpaper on my computer home screen LOL!! Just what I need to get me in the summer mood!!
    Love Ya,
    Sarah ☺

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely gorgeous, love how you coloured the water, love your LO and papers, fabulous, thanks for joining our challenge at MMCS, hope to see you again, Gaynor DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card, Crissy! The bookmark is such a sweet bonus - what a great idea! Thanks for sharing your amazing coloring and creativity with us, over at The House That Stamps Built! By the way - your family is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello from Thunder Bay, Ontario! I love your digi images. I am sad to see Sundays With Chrissy come to an end. I have never participated but have followed the blog for a while now.
    Love the way to did up the image for this card. Your colour and paper choices are awesome. You are an inspiring creator and I look forward to following you here. Good luck with your endeavours.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a nice post featuring this cute fathers day cards. Thanks for sharing your wonderful creation.

    ReplyDelete