Sunday, August 15, 2010

Sundays With Crissy Challenge #8: My Favourite Time of Year!

Hi Precious Peeps!

Blessings to all of you and thank you for stopping by my blog today!  It has been awhile since I posted.  I’ve been busy this summer!  We have had two weeks of holidays and some of that time was spent camping at Ontario Parks.  We had great weather and lots of fun.  Even my step Mom and Dad joined in, and he’ll be 89 this year!  It was his first time camping since he was a young boy.  He loved it, and I felt SO happy to share that experience with both of them.  What a blessing!

The card I am sharing today is for my challenge over at my other blog, Sundays With Crissy.  The challenge I am posting today is to celebrate your Favourite Time of Year!  So you can make a card or project with this theme in mind. 

Obviously, from the looks of my card, my favourite time of the year is SUMMER!  So I am a happy camper at the moment, with sunny days, time at the beach, in the canoe, on the dock, you name it, I am a summer lover!
 I made this card with Mudzie and Chopper, sitting at the water's edge.  The image is one of my newer ones with Whimsy Stamps and it is called "Great Day To Fish".  

There is nothing like being out on the lake listening to the birds sing and hear the water lap on the shore... it does something wonderful for my inner self.  I think it must be seeing the natural world the way my Lord made it.  Somehow it makes me feel really connected to Him.  Does it do that for you?



I coloured, “Great Day To Fish” with Copics.  (sorry, I don't have the colour list today)  I love doing the water and the old weathered wood on the dock.  It is always fun to do with those markers!
Why not join in the challenge over at Sundays With Crissy?! I have a blog candy prize to give away to one lucky winner who uses one of my digital images in their creation.  But you don’t have to use one of my images, if you just want to play along.

From now on, I will be posting a new challenge at SWC once a month, on the first Sunday of every month.  So there will always be lots of time to join in.  And you can enter as many times as you like! I have a SWEET design team who will really inspire you with their amazing talents!  I hope you check it out!

Bless you big time, and thank you for stopping by today!


14 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Crissy!!! Your shading and shadows on this one are so perfect and what a great image!!! I'm with you, give me a sunny day, a dock and an Adorondak chair and I am a very happy girl!!Glad you had a fun and restful vacation--you sure deserve it!!
    Hugs,
    Sarah :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Crissy, this is such an adorable image! Wow, I love it! But, I especially love how you have brought it to life with your totally amazing coloring and shading. Beautiful layout too! I'm so happy you are enjoying your summer, you totally deserve this time for yourself... yea, summer's okay, minus the humidity and mosquitos!! LOL That's why Fall with all the colors and beautiful skies is my fav and it's bugless! :) hugz, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a precious card. Great colours combo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card Crissy,I love the image and the colours.
    So gorgeous papers.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is too cute....adorable.....gorgeous....
    wonderful......I just love that couple!....and your colouring is fab as always!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is too cute....adorable.....gorgeous....
    wonderful......I just love that couple!....and your colouring is fab as always!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute, Crissy! Adorable image and amazing coloring as always!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its a gorgeous card Crissy. Beautifully coloured and love the dp!
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chrissy, what a lovely post and WOW such amazing coloring on this adorable image! I love summer too and it sounds like you had a terrific one! Cherish the days! hugs, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your artwork is amazing! I learn so much by studying your coloring, shading, etc! You'll brighten someone's day w/this beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Crissy, this card is amazing your colouring is best what i know.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow...what a cute card! Wonderful colores!!!! Great!

    Janine

    ReplyDelete
  13. gorgeous card, so love that image, glad to hear you have had a fun and busy summer, me too! Have a great weekend, hugs Debx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another inspiring creation Crissy! What can I say about your colouring other than that it amazes me each time and that I could stare at it for hours. Hugs, Maria

    ReplyDelete