Sunday, April 25, 2010

Sundays With Crissy challenge #2


Hope you are all having a good weekend!  I know I am.  Going for a motorbike ride with hubby Mike this aft.  Fun!
Today my card features "Hang In There" which I did as a digital image for Whimsy Stamps.  Also featured on the card is the "hang in there" sentiment by Ann Vento of Raindrop Echo Designs.  She does the nicest sentiment sets I have ever seen!  And the digital versions Whimsy sells are so affordable too!  I also used some Whimsy Buds as well, aren't they gorgeous?  I coloured the tips of the small roses just to give them some more of the warm pink tones I used on my card.  
I tried a different technique for the background behind mr. turtle this time.  I tried to make it look water coloured (but it is all Copics).  How did I do?  If you like it and want a tutorial on it sometime, I will put it on my list of "tutorials-to-do".  Just let me know.  
This is a sample card for my second challenge at "Sundays With Crissy"!  The challenge is easy peasy: it is "Dots", open to your interpretation! I hope you will join me.  Click on Sundays With Crissy to see all the details!

List of Colours Used

On Turtle's brownish patches: 
I started off with E04 and 07, but it looked to "orange" and didn't match the papers well enough.  So then I added RV11 and R85 over top to give it a rosy tone.
I used the blender pen to remove colour to add white dots, and used R89 to add some dark dots.
The turtle green parts were:
G00, G12, G14, G16 and G99
Same greens on the leaves but also G28 in the deepest shadows.
E50 and 55 on the branch
Blossoms: RV000, 02, 10, 11, 91, Then R85 and 89 overtop
Background:
G0000, 00, RV000,  and RV10, with lots of Blender pen on the paper before and after applying the colours. 
Faded Lipstick Distress Ink sponged around the edges of the main panel and sentiment heart. 
Some CB and Spellbinders dies used, as well as MS punches.  
I gave this card to my niece who needed a little cheering up this week due to an emergency surgery.  She is fine and recovering well now. 


23 comments:

  1. Hi gorgeous card and paers and so beautifully coloured.
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, this is sooo adorable! It's so not fair that you are such an amazing illustrator AND card designer! I love your card Crissy. Thanks again for asking the awesome CCDT to join you this week!! hugz, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very pretty Crissy! Love that gorgeous bow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Crissy.....nice details and great colouring of the turtle......shoukld like to see your tutorial of the background!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! This is another wonderfully colored image!! Love it! Thank you so much for having the CCDT as guests for this challenge!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crissy, this is such a stunning card. Love this turtle image. Fab challenge too. I am going to work on it today since my weekdays always seem to pass by me with no time for crafting. Hope things are well! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just incredible Crissy!! I love this sweet turtle image. An amazing card and a fab challenge too. I am going to work on it today since my weekdays always seem to pass right by without any time to craft. Hope things are well with you!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card Crissy,i love your image and colours.
    So gorgeous papers and details.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Crissy, this was done to perfection. Your dotty little turtle is so cute, and then all your DP's, ribbon and flowers - Wow! Just amazing. Thanks for inviting us to be Guest Designers. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Crissy and I love how you have used the blender pen.Thanks for the tip!
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  11. too cute!! Love your colouring! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this card Crissy--especially the little turtle's spots :) & I love the background too--a tutorial would be nice!!
    Blessings,
    Sarah :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. How absolutely adorable is this! I LOVE the way you colored the turtle with all the fun dots, great effect! And that gorgeous ribbon with the flowers, stunning! Love everything about this card Crissy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the colors on this one, and the two different shapes for the image I love a lot:-) Very cute image too:-)
    XMicheleX

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun image! Of course, the coloring rocks, and the whole design of the card is just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW girl... you never stop amazing me!!!

    -- dalis
    PIO Owner

    ReplyDelete
  17. such a beautiful card Crissy, so love the dots on the turtle, he looks amazing and such a pretty background! hugs debx

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is just so gorgeous Crissy, fabulous colours, layout and details. Love your dotty turtle - he's awesome!!
    hugs Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think you did fabulous, this is one gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my goodness, Crissy - how spectacular is this!! Wow, I mean WOOWWW! I think you did wonderful on how to make the image look watercolored using Copics. This is one GORGEOUS card. Did I say WOW??

    - Ann

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow what an amazing card! The colouring on the image is just fabulous and I love the ribbon and flower detail at the top - stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  22. this is absolutely stunning, love your colouring, the layout and all the details
    xoxo BA

    ReplyDelete