Monday, November 3, 2008

Project of the Month set on sale


This is a card I made that depicts the current Project Of The Month (POTM) for November. The stamps are sold as a set at 25% off the regular prices on the High Hopes website. If last month's POTM is still on display (three pane Santa) no worries, this dragony one is still on sale for the whole month of November.
I colored the image with my Twinkling H20 paints and used a white gel pen for tiny dot highlights on the critter's cheeks. Used my Fiskar's shape cutter and circle template to cut it out (I know, old school!). I used masking to stamp the separate ribbon and rose and make it into a banner. After painting that and letting it dry, I cut it out with good old fashioned scissors. I adhered it with glue dots.
I cut two more circles out in blue and green for the matting, and distressed the edges of the green to expose the blue. The white stitching is faux, done with my white gel pen.
TFL!

6 comments:

  1. Wow Crissy ..this is fabulous! Your colouring is amazing and I like to see someone else does some of their cutting the old-fashioned way! The faux stiching looks so realistic. Great blog.. I love it and I like reading your Love letters too. Thanks for sharing!

    Judy ( a fellow sister in Christ)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Wow, I love this Crissy, love the fab paper and wow... your colouring is just gorgeous. I can't wait to make a card with this cute set, Hugs, Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is Absolutley Amazing Crissy!! The coloring and design is over the top Gorgeous!..and the flowers and buttons are just the cutest and so perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this image!!! I just received it, haven't used it yet but I will be soon!!! Terrific card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute image! Love that little birdie and those button embellies!

    ReplyDelete